Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I just finished my lunch and after I post my text, I'll study for the vocabulary test that I have tomorrow.
The class was very nice this morning. We had some native speakers coming in for a conversation, and I met a very nice lady, Katherine, who worked as an elementary teacher, and has four children and six grandchildren. She is originally from Arkansas and has lived in Dallas for more than 20 years.
K.T. (her nick name) has travelled to a lot of countries such as England, France, Holland etc.. but her favorite place is London. She also visited 48 states in the U.S. Most of the trips were done by car when her husband and she were younger. Nowadays, she doesn't travel by car anymore 'cause of her age: 80 years-old. Can you believe it? I would like to get old and be just like her when I turn 80! She is very sweet and remindes me my grandmother.
My friend Dani invited me to go out for lunch tomorrow. She has to take her friend to DFW airport, so would be perfect to meet her close to the airport. I just need to call her and confirm it.
Yesteday I was watching one of my favorites shows on TV: Dancing with Stars. For my surprise, one of the stars is Helio Castro Neves, a Brazilian driver. He is very nice guy and speaks very good English. Everytime when I see a famous Brazilian speaking English, I try to pay attetion to their accents. Like Gisele Bundchen ( Victoria's Secrets model), she speaks very clearly and doesn't have too much accent. Good for her! And I still have to work on mine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your conversation partner sounds like an amazing lady!

I pay a lot of attention to accents now - since I started teaching accent reduction. It's very interesting.